Steens UMF 15+ (MGO 514+) Raw Manuka Honey is produced in New Zealand and contains unique plant phenols naturally present at varying levels in honey made from the nectar of the Manuka bush.
Steens Manuka honey is unique to other Manuka honeys as it is not heated to high temperatures unlike creamed honeys. We cold press our Manuka honey using a proprietary process, meaning our Manuka honey is processed at hive temperatures (36C) ensuring that the nutritional properties, plant phenols, flavanoids and enzymes are retained in our honey. We have been using science to continually refine this process for over 30 years.
Our UMF 15+ product is independently tested and certified to contain a minimum of 514 mg/kg of Methylgloxal, which is one of the key compounds found in Manuka honey. Our UMF 15+ is an incredibly versatile honey, and has a number of uses in the family home. Steens Manuka honey is graded using the Unique Manuka Factor (UMF) grading system which is extremely important to ensure that the Manuka honey you are buying is authentic. Each Steens UMF Manuka honey jar states its UMF grade.
Learn more here
Facts & Benefits:
- Steens Manuka honey is independently tested and certified. UMF grading measures the levels of 4 different markers in Manuka including MGO level.
- UMF grading is the only true test of REAL Manuka honey.
- RAW MANUKA HONEY: Unpasteurised and minimally processed to ensure the honey delivered to you is just as nature intended - raw and untouched.
- BEE BREAD: Our unique filtering allows us to retain this super food in our honey. Bee bread is rich in b vitamins and amino acids.
- TRACK AND TRACE: Track and trace your Manuka honey back to source using the trace code found on every pot of Steens Manuka honey. We trace back to the land not the just the factory.
- RESEARCHED HONEY: The capabilities of Manuka honey are well researched and are used by doctors and nurses in the UK and New Zealand to support the healing of wounds & ulcers. UMF Certified
Ingredients & Usage:This product contains 100% Manuka honey. People consume Manuka honey in many ways.
Here are a few ways to consume Manuka honey:
- Consume one or two teaspoons of raw honey daily for good health.
- Stir into your favourite tea or water or drinks. Drinks cannot be too hot as high temperature affects honey efficacy.
- Use it to naturally sweeten smoothies. Remember, honey is almost twice as sweet as sugar.
- Combine with oil and vinegar for a salad dressing.
- Use it as a face wash to help improve skin health!
- Apply directly on wound surface to reduce inflammation.