Steens UMF 20+ (MGO 829+) Raw Manuka Honey is produced in New Zealand and contains unique plant phenols naturally present at varying levels in honey made from the nectar of the Manuka bush.
Steens Manuka honey is unique to other Manuka honeys as it is not heated to high temperatures unlike creamed honeys. We cold press our Manuka honey using a proprietary process, meaning our Manuka honey is processed at hive temperatures (36C/96F) ensuring that the nutritional properties, plant phenols, flavanoids and enzymes are retained in our honey. We have been using science to continually refine this process for over 30 years.
Our UMF 20+ product is independently tested and certified to contain a minimum of 829 mg/kg of Methylgloxal, which is one of the key compounds found in Manuka honey. Our UMF 20+ is an incredibly versatile honey, and has a number of uses in the family home.
- UMF 20+ (MGO 829+): Steens Manuka honey is independently tested and certified. UMF grading measures the levels of 4 different markers in Manuka including MGO level. UMF grading is the only true test of REAL Manuka honey.
- RAW MANUKA HONEY: Unpasteurised and minimally processed to ensure the honey delivered to you is just as nature intended - raw and untouched.
- BEE BREAD: This super food is a naturally occurring mix of bee pollen, probiotics, enzymes & honey. Our unique filtering keeps this complete food in our honey.
- TRACK AND TRACE: Track and trace your Manuka honey back to source using the trace code found on every pot of Steens Manuka honey. We trace back to the land not just the factory.
- RESEARCHED HONEY: The capabilities of Manuka honey are well researched and are used by doctors and nurses in the UK and New Zealand to support the healing of wounds & ulcers.
Steens Manuka honey is graded using the Unique Manuka Factor (UMF) grading system which is extremely important to ensure that the Manuka honey you are buying is authentic. Each Steens UMF Manuka honey jar states its UMF grade. The UMF grade is well recognised as the mark of real Manuka honey, as it identifies a number of the main organic compounds responsible for making Manuka honey globally renowned. Products claiming to be Manuka honey but not showing a UMF rating are unlikely to be genuine. You can enjoy the confidence of purchasing premium Manuka Honey backed by the UMF guarantee.