Honey has a natural affinity with tea, in this unique collection we have selected our favourite tea and honey pairings. This collection pack provides tasting notes and tea pairing suggestions that will delight your senses.
The three honey varietals contained in this collection are:Beechwood Honeydew Honey, Blue Borage Honey and Manuka Honey.
These selected honeys originate from three of the most diverse regions of New Zealand, Beechwood Honeydew Honey from Mount Thomas in Oxford in the South Island, Blue Borage, (Vipers Bugloss) from Muzzle Station in the Clarence Valley and Manuka from Lees Valley in Canterbury.
- Beechwood Honeydew Honey: A naturally dark amber liquid honey, resembling treacle with a bold pungent nose. It has floral and rose flavours with earthy undertones and hints of vanilla and malt
- An excellent match for chai or spiced tea where the honey’s unique flavour profile enhances the flavours of the spice in the tea. The honey’s floral notes also compliment the light fragrant notes of tea such as Dareeling. Perfect for iced tea because the honey does not granulate when cold.
- Blue Borage Honey: A sweet delicate honey with a distinctive vanilla taste, light pollen and floral notes.
- The lighter, delicate character of Blue Borage honey pairs perfectly with aromatic, mild tea such as Earl Grey or Chamomile. The honey’s sweet floral notes also enhance the refreshing flavours of berry and other fruit inspired tea.
- Manuka Honey: A robust assertive honey, complex, intense with rich toffee and caramel flavours and coconut, woody notes.
- The robust, assertive flavours of Manuka Honey pair perfectly with full bodied rich Assam, Ceylonn or English breakfast style tea with milk. Delicously soothing in lemon and ginger tea where the sharp citrus notes are complimented by the deep richness of the honey. Pair with pure green tea for a restorative and satisfying drink!
3 x 40g net jar
Made in New Zealand