Honey has a natural affinity with tea, in this unique collection we have selected our favourite tea and honey pairings. This collection pack provides tasting notes and tea pairing suggestions that will delight your senses.
These New Zealand-only varieties make the ideal present for any honey enthusiast. Manuka, Pohutukawa, and Kamahi honey are included in three hand-packed glass jars. This assortment of native New Zealand honey varieties is the ideal present for any food enthusiast and is derived from the distinctive New Zealand landscape.
- Pohutukawa Honey: Light cream-colored, slightly salty, mild and floral, with a balanced sweetness. It is recommended to be mixed with ricotta cheese and eaten with fruit compote, or with hard cheeses such as pecorino
- It has no peculiar taste and goes well with sweets and dishes.
- Kamahi Honey: Buttery golden in colour, this honey is aromatic and has a smooth, creamy texture.
- Its flavour is reminiscent of palm sugar, so it is recommended as a sweetener for spicy dishes such as Thai cuisine. It is also delicious in salad dressings.
- Manuka Honey: A robust assertive honey, complex, intense with rich toffee and caramel flavours and coconut, woody notes.
- The robust, assertive flavours of Manuka Honey pair perfectly with full bodied rich Assam, Ceylonn or English breakfast style tea with milk. Deliciously soothing in lemon and ginger tea where the sharp citrus notes are complimented by the deep richness of the honey. Pair with pure green tea for a restorative and satisfying drink!
3 x 40g net jar
Made in New Zealand